My Blog List

Tuesday 6 September 2011

Book Review: All I Ever Wanted

Author: Vikki Wakefield
'Rule Number One:
I will not turn out like my mother.
Mim wants to be anywhere but home- in a dead suburb and with a mother who won't get off the couch.
She's set herself rules to live by, but she's starting to break them.
In nine days she'll turn seventeen. What she doesn't know is that her life is about to change forever. and when it does, the same things will look entirely different.'
This book is so descriptively written that the author literally takes you into the life of 16 year old Mim who struggles with her 'depressive surroundings' and her turbulent relationship with her mother.
Follow her journey as she sets out on a quest to better her life with surprising outcomes. A must read for teenagers. I can thoroughly recommend this book.
Helen Majewski
Support Staff

1 comment:

  1. Great review - Thanks Helen - sounds like a book I'd like to read myself or give to my teenage niece! Thanks for the great gift idea xx JA

    ReplyDelete