My Blog List

Thursday 12 February 2015

QR Codes with year 7s.

As some of you know, I have a fascination for QR codes, and using them for learning activities with students.  I think they could be used for most classes...well, I am still trying to apply them to Maths, but I am working on that one.

The last couple of weeks I have had 2 of the year 7 classes come in for a Library Orientation lesson, using QR codes to learn about each area of the Library and it seemed to go well.  At the end of the lesson, in most cases, they could show me all the various areas, and talk about the Library rules and why we have them. 
(I got a lovely thank you card from Mr. Lutwyche's class, which was awesome. Never had that before.) 

Congratulations to Flynn on winning the Swimming Carnival.  Well done!

Currently we have a display up in the Library with a Twitter theme - lots of birds and very short book reviews.  All the books to match are on the display shelf and ready for loan so come borrow a few, or more.  If anyone would like to get their class involved with writing short book reviews to be added to the display, that would be great. 

Also, if anyone would like to have class work displayed here in the Library, please come and see me - I would love it.  (Displays are not my forte, I must admit)

No comments:

Post a Comment