My Blog List

Tuesday 6 September 2016

New Library Management System update

Well all our bibliographic data came across with just 1 error, which has now been fixed .. and they let me fix it!!  (I'm not too sure if it was because they really trusted me to do it - or they wanted to see just how badly I could stuff it up.)  All good though!

As predicted, there were problems with the transfer of the Patron data and very few of the students are on the system as yet.  I have added all staff myself but we are waiting on the upload of the students minimal information to allow them to borrow.  

Most of the schools are in the same boat - which from my point of view is a GOOD thing - because it means it wasn't something that I did - or didn't do - that slowed it all down.  
If all goes well, we could be operational by the beginning of next week.

Mrs Squires has also been added as an Admin user, so she will be able to use the Circulation section if I am not available.  Thank you Kirsteen for agreeing to do this.

If anyone has any queries about the new system, please don't hesitate to ask - hopefully I will have an answer for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment