My Blog List

Wednesday 31 May 2017

Ideas for the Library

As mentioned at the start of the year, a revamp of the Library has been discussed - especially after the carpet got flooded and needed to be removed. And it still smells damp and soggy in here! 

I have spent a little time playing with floor plans and ideas just lately - although we are still waiting for floors to be done, so we can move on.  Hopefully this will happen during the July holiday break.  However I am getting quite fond of the rustic cement flooring look, I have to admit. 


Anyway, it has occurred to me that maybe the question I really should be asking is: what do people actually WANT in this space?  Print? Digital? Space for classes? Other ideas? Do you even need a 'Library' as such - or could it possibly be reborn in some other way? Maybe you have some radical thoughts for a vibrant learning space?? 


Lots of resources in here are rarely used and often just seem to be taking up space or helping to create corners for students to lurk in - so maybe there is another way to utilise this area, as well as the resources, that will work for everyone ... and really, I can't always see the forest for the trees.  


There are some awesome ideas out there in the Pinterest world - although I suspect that we may also need a bucket of never ending cash to make some of them a reality.  


So ....... input and ideas please??

No comments:

Post a Comment